1. To minister to our visitors from the Niagara Peninsula and elsewhere in presenting the message of the Bible, the Good News, that people may experience forgiveness of sins and come to a personal relationship with God Himself through personal faith in Jesus Christ, God’s Son.
2. To support Niagara regional church and para-church organizations and their mission as they assist their constituencies.
3. To manage the property in a reputable manner as responsible stewards. N.S.C.M. will strive to maintain the natural environment and preserve the unique natural characteristics of the property.
Agapé Bible Camp Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Scriptures as represented in the Old and New Testament to be the inerrant, divinely inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are the final authority in all matters of faith, doctrine and practice [2Timothy 3:16-17; 1Thessalonians 2:13; 2Peter 1:21].
2. We believe in the existence of one Supreme Being in the universe whose title is GOD. He alone is characterized by such attributes as Holiness, Justice, Love, Mercy, Wisdom and Compassion. In HIS essence, He is Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Sovereign, Eternal, Self-existing, Immutable, Incomparable, Longsuffering and Good. GOD, the SUPREME BEING, is manifest in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit [Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4, 33:27; Isaiah 45:5, 18, 21, 46:9-10; Matthew 28:19; 1Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 9:14].
3. We believe that God the Son, the LORD JESUS CHRIST, is completely divine and completely human in His person. He was born of a virgin and lived a holy, sinless life. His substitutionary death upon the cross satisfied the demands of the Holy and Just Father. He was raised from the dead in a real body of flesh and bone. He ascended to the Father’s right hand where He presently resides until He returns to the air to rapture His church, after which He will come to earth and establish His kingdom in Power and Great Glory [Luke 1:35, 24:39; John 5:19-29; Acts 1:11; Ephesians 1:20-23; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1Timothy 3:16, 2:5-6; Hebrews 4:14-16, 7:25, 9:24; 1Peter 2:22, 24].
4. We believe in the life-giving, regenerating work of God the Holy Spirit. His work is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful, fallen, lost mankind. Salvation, freely offered to all, is only by grace through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ [John 16:8-11; Romans 8:9-11, 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9, 4:30; Titus 3:5].
5. We believe in water baptism by immersion, following personal salvation. It is a public witness signifying that the believer, having died with Christ, is buried with Christ and also raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. Water baptism as a public confession of faith is not to be confused with the spiritual truth it represents, that of being born again by the Holy Spirit which takes place prior to the baptism. [Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 8:35-39; Romans 6:3-6].
6. We believe in the existence of an evil being, known as Satan or the Devil. It was through his pride and disobedience that sin entered the universe. The judgement of God awaits this being and his followers, the fallen angels. These beings will be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire [Genesis 3; Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:12-19; John 16:8-11; 2Corinthaians 11:14-15; Revelation 12:10; 20:7-10; Matthew 25:41].
7. We believe that God created the first people, Adam and Eve in His likeness. Eve, the first woman, listened to the persuasive assertions of Satan, and her husband Adam joined her in following Satan’s subtle yet bold suggestion. The resulting sin, passed on to the whole human race, alienated the man and woman from God, from each other and from all creation [Genesis 1:26-28, 3:1-24; Romans 3:23, 5:12].
8. We believe the gospel tells us of God’s final and greatest act to restore us, to reconcile us to Him, and to fulfill the purpose for which He created us. That act began with God’s incarnation (literally “enfleshment”) in God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. He came from heaven to share our human nature (yet without being a sinner), to identify with us in our weakness and sorrows, to live in perfect obedience to God the Father as the Representative Man, to take on Himself at the cross, the guilt and punishment of all mankind’s sins and to demonstrate by His resurrection His complete triumph over sin, death, hell and Satan [Psalm 22; Isaiah 52:13-53:12; Colossians 1:14-22; 1Peter 2:22-24; 1Corinthians 15:55-57; 2Thessalonians 2:3-8; Revelation 20:10].
9. We believe that those who have personally trusted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour will be bodily resurrected to life in the presence of God forever. Those who have not personally trusted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour will be bodily resurrected, judged and sentenced to an eternal conscious existence in the Lake of Fire, prepared for the Devil and his angels [Job 19:25; John 5:24-29; 1Corinthians 15:51-57; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:11-14].